- Is Wine Good for You? October 29, 2016 Posted in: Featured, Health, Lifestyle
A couple of researchers are convinced about how effective wine is in protecting yourself against a wide range of diseases like cancer, stroke, dementia, infertility, and much more.
Red and white wine are known to kill food bacteria that are responsible for various illnesses. They can likewise help improve brain function and enhance blood circulation. They increase good cholesterol in the body and dilate blood vessels.
Moreover, drinking a glass of red wine daily may also prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as dementia. Resveratrol, a compound found in grapes, stimulates a brain enzyme to aid in the regeneration of nerves.
- How You Should Exercise October 28, 2016 Posted in: Fitness, Lifestyle
Exercise is necessary as it can make you feel healthier and stronger. Before you go to the gym to start your workout, check out these tips:
1) Consult your doctor so you’ll know which exercises you’d need to avoid. This is especially necessary if you’re suffering from lung problems, heart diseases, arthritis, etc.
2) Wear comfortable clothes that are not going to restrict your movements.
3) Drink plenty of water before you start exercising. Water will let your muscles work effectively and likewise help you sweat more.
4) Do some warm up exercises before you start your intense exercises.
5) Try aerobic exercises first to enhance blood flow. These are often low-intensity exercises that last longer. Examples of aerobic exercises are climbing the stairs, jumping jacks, and swimming.
6) Perform some anaerobic exercises to help your body build more strength. Examples of anaerobic exercises are weightlifting, push-ups, and burpees.
7) Build your core muscles so you’ll get more defined abs, stronger back, and better posture.
8) Try some balance exercises such as T’ai chi and weight shifts to keep your mind and body more relaxed.
9) Perform flexibility exercises such as yoga, pilates, and stretches. These could help improve your body’s flexibility and balance.
10) If you don’t have the luxury to spend several minutes for various exercise routines, you may fit exercises in between your day-to-day activities. For example, you may do squats while cooking food or walk the stairs instead of using the elevator.
- What Diet Really Means October 27, 2016 Posted in: Food, Health
Diet refers to the food we eat everyday. It is important because it will determine your health and quality of life.
So what does a good diet look like?
A diet program should have a balanced source of fiber, protein, good fats, and complex carbohydrates. It should also be free from preservatives and be composed only of organic foods and ingredients.
Adequate protein helps build your muscle tissues, while sufficient carbohydrates provide the energy you need everyday. Fiber likewise helps promote regular bowel movement, while low fat lessens your risk of developing heart diseases.
If you’re not sure how to start your diet program, consult a doctor.